Author Topic: Parashah Toldot: What Happened to the Edomites?  (Read 540 times)

Rebbe

• Administrator
Parashah Toldot: What Happened to the Edomites?
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »
Toldot: Generations/Descendants

Torah reading: Genesis 25.19-28.9
Haftarah: Malachi 1.1-2.7

BRI International Internet Yeshiva Forum Notes, July 1, 2006

CAUTION: BRI Yeshiva notes are not available to the general public. They are not for distribution. They are not for reproduction. The notes may also bear little or no resemblance to the actual taped BRI Yeshiva lecture.
Copyright © BRI 2006 All Rights Reserved Worldwide

OBADIAH -- The Coming Destruction of the 'End of Days' Edomite Empire

I purposely left the scroll of Obadiah ("servant of the Lord") until now, preferring to major on it only AFTER the lectures on Jonah were completed. Although Jonah follows Obadiah (and Obadiah is listed officially in the Twelve Minor Prophets as the 4th in the natural sequential flow) I wanted to give much needed attention to this prophet's writings as they are perhaps the most important -- to my mind at least -- next to Zechariah and Malachi.

The reason for my high appraisal is this: we are living in the approach to the EndTime and we are located in geographical regions where modern Edomites have the social, economic, political and military dominance. Many of those on this BRI Members Board are Edomite by race, or a mixture thereof. Of course, in Mashiach there "is neither Jew nor Greek [or Edomite]" as far as equality of status in the ekklesia. Outside the ekklesia, racial factors play an enormous part in the outworking of the plan and purposes of God for humankind and the entirety of the universe.

Let us now turn our attention to the contents of the prophetic scroll of Obadiah. Because it consists of just 21 verses, I have included it in this lecture in full.

"The vision of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord GOD concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent among the nations, Arise you, and let us rise up against her in battle.

2: Behold, I have made you small among the nations: you are greatly despised.

3: The pride of your heart has deceived you, you that dwell in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that says in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?

4: Though you exalt yourself as the eagle, and though you set your nest among the stars, thence will I bring you down, says the LORD.

5: If thieves came to you, if robbers by night, (how are you cut off!) would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grape gatherers came to you, would they not leave some grapes?

6: How are the things of Esau searched out! how are his hidden things sought up!

7: All the men of your confederacy have brought you even to the border: the men that were at peace with you have deceived you, and prevailed against you; they that eat your bread have laid a wound under you: there is no understanding in him.

8: Shall I not in that day, says the LORD, even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau?

9: And your mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.

10: For your violence against your brother Jacob shame shall cover you, and you shalt be cut off for ever.

11: In the day that you stood on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreigners entered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even you were as one of them.

12: But you should not have looked on the day of your brother in the day that he became a stranger; neither should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah in the day of their destruction; neither should you have spoken proudly in the day of distress.

13: You should not have entered into the gate of my people in the day of their calamity; yes, you should not have looked on their affliction in the day of their calamity, nor have laid hands on their substance in the day of their calamity;

14: Neither should you have stood in the crossway, to cut off those of his that did escape; neither should you have delivered up those of his that did remain in the day of distress.

15: For the day of the LORD is near upon all the nations: as you have done, it shall be done unto you: your reward shall return upon your own head.

16: For as you have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the nations drink continually, yes, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

17: But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

18: And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD has spoken it.

19: And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.

20: And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.

21: And Saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's."

Yes; so you can see quite clearly that Obadiah is a very short scroll and it is preoccupied with God's coming judgment on the racial descendants of Edom or Esau. Now, it was intended for that time back there about 800 or so years before the birth of the Mashiach. It speaks of God's condemnation upon Esau (Edom) for their hostile treatment of the people of Israel. But there can be little doubt that it speaks for the generation just ahead of us now (for both history and prophecy are cyclical) and it looks forward, along with all the other Minor prophets, to the coming Day of the Lord "on all the nations" (See verse 15 where Obadiah links the future with the past in a prophecy as yet unfulfilled) -- the period just ahead of us which will be the time of Yeshua's intervention in world affairs ushering in the End of Days.

We can ascertain the approximate date for the scroll by looking carefully at verse 11.

"In the day that you stood on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreigners entered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even you were as one of them."

Most scholars postulate that Obadiah is speaking of the conquest of Jerusalem by the Babylonians under Nebuchadnezzar and the captivity of Israel as having already occurred (585/6 BCE). This date is far too late. It is often overlooked that during the reign of Jehoram (circa 848-841 BCE) Judah was invaded by both the Arabians and the Philistines and that at that time Jerusalem was plundered (2 Chr 21.16-17; Jo 3.3-6; Am 1.6) and during that same period we have evidence of bitterness toward Judah from Edom (2 Kgs 8.20-22; 2 Chr 21.8-10). Amos certainly knew of Obadiah or at least his work (cf Ob 4 with Am 9.2; Ob 9,10,18 with Am 1.11,12; Ob 14 with Am 1.6,9; Ob 19 with Am 9.12; Ob 20 with Am 9.14). There are indications that Jeremiah also had read Obadiah.

All this being so, it would seem from the text itself that God reserved a special judgment for the Edomite people who seem to have played out a vitally important and treacherous political manoeuvre which involved betraying in some manner their cousins, the Jewish people.

"For your violence against your brother Jacob shame shall cover you, and you shalt be cut off for ever... Neither should you have stood in the crossway, to cut off those of his that did escape; neither should you have delivered up those of his that did remain in the day of distress."

I shall return to this text a little later in this series of lectures on Obadiah. It is most important. In Jeremiah 13.23 the prophet of God wonders aloud, "Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots?" This rhetorical question answers itself. Edomites naturally hate the Jewish people; they always have and they always will. For those who will object, remember the early incident in which the Edomites refused passage to Moses (Num 20.14-21) and they were always at the ready to use the Jews for their own purposes, and to further their worldly political ambitions, only to aid the enemy of the Jews when it was also in their own selfish interests. It is inarguable that they saw the Jews as a means of building a strong economy wherever they settled in their journeys.

There are about a dozen individuals named Obadiah in the Hebrew Scriptures and none of them are the prophet who wrote this scroll. We really know absolutely nothing about him. But we do know a fair deal about the Edomites. Obadiah is particularly attentive to the fact that (in his day) the Edomites were occupying the desolate territory south of Judah -- the rose rock city of Petra, Edom's capitol, being given special mention ("the clefts of the rock" [Sela, Gk. petra] and "nest set among the stars").

The Edomites literally dotted their borders with enormous fortresses in order to protect their copper and iron-rich mines which extended to the Gulf of Akaba. Famous for their "wise men" (Jer 49.7), historians have lost sight of the ancient Edomites. But history has not been silent about them. We can know precisely what happened to the peoples of Esau. Without a knowledge of these historical facts we would have no understanding at all in real terms of how prophecy is to be fulfilled, nor the identity of many of the modern nations of the world.

In regard to the judgment of God on the people of Esau, consider these biblical passages which also foretell the coming destruction of the nations designated by God as Edomite.

1. Isaiah   34.5-15
2. Jeremiah 19.7-22
3. Ezekiel 25.12-14; 35.1-15
4. Amos 1.11,12

Significantly, Obadiah's prophecy relating to Edom's destruction had a former fulfillment that occurred about 4 years after the fall of Jerusalem by the Babylonians. The Babylonians had the support of Edom during the siege of Judah, but then Nebuchadnezzar (as the "servant of God") turned in fury on his mercenaries butchering the lot and destroying the Edomite Kingdom. The Arabian Nabataeans took over the deserted Edomite territory and the remaining tribal peoples were subjugated by them. By 126 BCE, John Hyrcanus of Maccabean fame absorbed the Edomite residue into the Kingdom of Judah. Herod was Idumaean. After the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 CE, Edom disappears from official historical observation. In the words of Halley, "they [completely] disappeared from history" (Halley's Bible Handbook, [24th ed] 1965, 362).

But did they? Can we locate where the Edomites went? What connection did Edom have with the Saxons, Anglo-Saxons and Celtic tribal peoples that migrated into Europe from the Russian steppes and the region of the Black and Caspian Seas -- if any?

The Isaiatic text (34.5-15) reveals that the final world empire existing at the time of Mashiach's Advent will be an Edomite Empire. The Jews at the time of Yeshua believed that they were living in the very EndTimes BECAUSE the Messiah was not only expected to appear at that time according to the prophetic outline of dates in the scroll of Daniel (9), but Judaea had been absorbed by the Roman Empire (the Romans were descendants of Esau) and furthermore, the Jewish State was in the hands of the Herods -- themselves Idumaean (Edomites). The only problem with this first century Jewish rabbinic eschatology was that they were some 2000 years out in their chronological understanding as to the conclusion of the present evil age.

To begin with, let's peruse some ancient history which has relevance for us today by turning to Genesis 25.19-34. Here we find a tale involving two brothers which was written into the sacred Hebrew Scriptures by Moses, the prophet of Israel's Deity, YHWH. The story involves the birth of twins, and the subsequent events of their lives, and the prophetic nature of the races to which they gave birth. The story's prophetic substance is clearly untapped and misunderstood by the universal church. Yet it contains information that has suddenly become entirely relevant to occurrences in today's world. Indeed, once the truth concerning the destiny of the twins is realised the identity of modern nations can be clarified, and the modern fable of "British-Israelism" altogether discounted. After all, twins are often mistaken and confused with one another.

According to the Torah:

"This is the account of Abraham's son [and heir] Isaac. Abraham became the father of Isaac, and Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram and sister of Laban the Aramean.

"Isaac prayed to the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was unable to become pregnant. The LORD let Himself be entreated and answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant. The babies jostled each other and struggled together within her, and she said, 'Why is this happening to me? Life is unbearable. I wish to die!' [Nachmanides] So she went to enquire of the LORD [at the School of Shem, where the knowledge of God was still being taught (Midrash) by elderly father Abraham, (Hertz) Shem and Eber his son (Jasher)].

"The LORD said to her,

'[The founders of, (Hertz)] Two nations are in your womb, and two races from within you will be separated and be mutually antagonistic from birth; one race will be stronger than the other race, and the older will serve the younger.'

"When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. The first to come out was red-haired [taking Heb. admoni as primarily red-haired], indeed his whole body was like a [reddish] hairy garment, so they named him Esau ['thick-haired']. After this his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau's heel; so he was named Jacob [lit.Heb., one who takes by the heel, or, supplants]. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them.

"The boys grew up, and Esau became a skilful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was a quiet, harmless man, staying among the tents [schools of religious study (Midrash)]. Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob.

"Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. He said to Jacob, 'Let me swallow [with animal-like voracity], please, some of this red, red stew! For I'm famished!' (That is why he was also called Edom [lit. Heb., red].)

"Jacob replied, 'First sell me your birthright.'

"'Look, I am about to die,' Esau said. 'What good is the birthright to me?'

"But Jacob said, 'Swear to me first.' So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

"Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left.

"So Esau despised his birthright."

The tale continues,

"When Esau was forty years old, he married Judith daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and also Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite. They were a source of grief to Isaac and Rebekah.

"When Isaac was old and his eyes were so weak that he could no longer see, he called for Esau his older son and said to him, 'My son.'

"'Here I am,' he answered.

"Isaac said, 'I am now an old man and don't know how soon I may die. Now then, get your weapons - your quiver and bow - and go out to the open country and hunt some wild game for me. Prepare for me the kind of tasty food I like and bring it to me to eat, so that I may give you my blessing before I die.'

"Now  Rebekah was  listening as Isaac spoke to his son Esau. When Isaac had left for the open country to hunt game and bring it back, Rebekah said to her son Jacob, 'Look! I overheard your father say to your brother Esau, 'Bring me some game and prepare me some tasty food to eat, so that I might give you my blessing in the presence of the LORD before I die.' 'Now, my son, listen carefully and do what I tell you: Go out to the flock and bring me two choice young goats, so I can prepare some tasty food for your father, just the way he likes it. Then take it to your father to eat, so that he may give you his blessing before he dies.'

"Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, 'But my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I'm a man with smooth skin. What if my father touches me? I would appear to be tricking him and would bring down a curse on myself rather than a blessing.'

"His mother said to him, 'My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me.'

"So he went and got them and brought them to his mother, and she prepared some tasty food, just the way his father liked it. Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the skins of the kids of the goats. Then she handed to her son Jacob the tasty food and the bread she had made.

"He went to his father and said, 'My father!'

"'Yes, my son,' he answered. 'Who is it?'

"Jacob said to his father, 'I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game so that you may give me your blessing.'

"Isaac asked his son, 'How did you find it so quickly, my son?'

"'The LORD your God gave me success,' he replied.

"Then Isaac said to Jacob, 'Come near so I can touch you, my son, to know whether you really are my son Esau or not.'

"Jacob went close to his father Isaac, who touched him and said, 'The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau.' He did not recognise him, for his hands were hairy like those of his brother Esau; so he greeted him. 'Are you really my son, Esau?' he asked.

"'I am,' he replied.

"Then he said, 'My son, bring me some of your game to eat, so that I may give you my blessing.'

"Jacob brought it to him and he ate; and he brought some wine and he drank. Then his father Isaac said to him, 'Come here, my son, and kiss me.'

"So he went to him and kissed him. When Isaac caught the smell of his clothes, he blessed him and said,
'Ah, see the smell of my son
is like the smell of a field
that the LORD has blessed.
May God give you of heaven's dew
and of earth's richness -
an abundance of grain and new wine.
May peoples serve you
and nations bow down to you.
Be Lord over your brothers,
and may the sons of your mother
bow down to you.
May those who curse you be cursed,
and those who bless you be blessed.'

"After Isaac finished blessing him and Jacob had scarcely left his father's presence, his brother Esau came in from hunting. He too prepared some tasty food and brought it to his father. Then he said to him, 'My father, sit up, and eat some of my game, so that you may give me my blessing.'

"His father Isaac asked him, 'Who are you?'

"'I am your son,' he answered. 'Your firstborn, Esau.'

"Isaac then trembled violently and said, 'Who was it, then, that hunted game and brought it to me?' I ate it just before you came and I blessed him - and indeed he will be blessed!'

"When Esau heard his father's words, he burst out with an exceeding loud and bitter cry and said to his father, 'Bless me - me too, my father!'

"But he said, 'Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.'

"Esau said, 'Isn't he rightly named Jacob?  He has deceived me these two times!  He took my birthright, and now he's taken my blessing!' Then he asked, 'Haven't you reserved any blessing for me?'

"Isaac answered Esau, 'I have made him lord over you and have made all his relatives his servants, and I have sustained him with grain and new wine. So what can I possibly do for you, my son?'

"Esau said to his father, 'Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me, bless me too, my father!' Then Esau wept aloud.

"His father Isaac answered him,

'Your dwelling will be
away from the earth's richness [of Canaan],
away from the dew of heaven above [Canaan].
You will live by the sword
and you will serve your brother.
But when you grow restless, roving
at large,
you will throw his yoke
from off your neck'
(Genesis 26.34,35; 27.1-40 tentative BRI/IMCF Version based on Jewish thoughtform).

Finally, the account states of Esau, "[he]...realised how displeasing the Canaanite women were to his father Isaac, so he went to Ishmael [Abraham was Esau's grandfather whose actual firstborn son was Ishmael through his concubine Hagar] and married Maha'lath, the sister of Nebai'oth and daughter of Ishmael son of Abraham, in addition to the wives he already had [who were Hittites]" (Genesis 28.8,9).

Esau (Edom) enjoyed the sensual, pleasurable company of hedonistic Canaanites (Gen 36.2ff). He took wives of the Hittites, and finally, to please his mother and father, he married his cousin in order to propitiate both parents "who were grieved at his alien wives" (Hertz note Gen 28.9 Pentateuch and Haftorahs, 1961). His blood descendants also intermixed with the Hittites, following the example of their progenitor, and were known as the Aryan Phoenicians, Arya being Sanskrit for "excellent," "noble," or "honourable," and thus Aryan meaning "noble race." But Arya at its root signifies "lord of the field." Esau was certainly the "Lord of the field" -- or as Genesis 25 puts it "a man of the open country."

Sanchoniathon, the Canaanite historian, tells us the Phoenicians worshiped an ancient god called Ousoos, who is identified with Esau. Esau's nickname was "Edom," (Gen 36.1,8) -- "red-haired" (Gen 25.25). Esau's hot-blooded temperament carries through to today when most people recognise that red-haired individuals are more likely than not to be considered "quick tempered" especially after a pint or a large swig of Scotch whiskey. The Greeks called the Red Sea (Erythrian Sea), which in ancient times included the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf, after Esau's children. Erythrian means "red." So does Phoenix (from which is derived Punic) which can mean red-gold or scarlet or purple (red plus blue). Admittedly, there has been some real confusion over the term with some scholars advocating that Phoenix is Greek for "Phoenician man" but there now exists a consensus that Phoinikes (Eng. Phoenix) literally stands for "red haired people." Some of his descendants settled in Mt Seir, south of Israel, where we find the fabulous once-hidden rose-rock city of Petra.

Now, at once we must ask the question: can we identify Esau in secular history? The ancient god Herakles, known amongst the Romans as Hercules (and who performed the astonishing labours of the Greek classics), gave birth to a peoples known as the Heraclidae. Their father lost his birthright, as did Esau. Josephus tells us that Abraham's concubine Keturah gave birth to a number of sons and that one of his progeny, named Apher (who gave his name to the continent of Africa), was an auxiliary to Herakles (Josephus, Antiquities., l,XV,l). Apher was actually Abraham's grandson, a son of Midian (Gen 25.1-4). As such the red-haired Herakles lived during the same period as Esau! Historical records and ancient myths reveal them to be indeed one and the same personage.

The name Herakles means "glorious gift of Hera [to his parents]" or "son of a glorified ancestress [Hera]." While he adored his father, Esau hated and despised his mother Rebekah for her treacherous political dealings and intrigue with her favourite son Jacob. Seeing himself as a world Messiah, and the only true king, the Tyrian Hercules created the colour purple to signify his Royal lineage. Bitterly agonising over his loss of his birthright, and setting his heart on deifying his ancestor Eve (Hebrew, hawwah) the name Herakles speaks volumes. The Semitic name for the Great Earth Goddess, the Matriarch of Every Kindred, was Awa and in Greek, Hera. Hera was the daughter of Atlas, who had the weight of the earth on his shoulders. Recall that Adam and Eve were originally co-bodied and that the Lord separated her from Adam's side. So, in a sense Adam gave birth to his own mate. This is how the ancient's viewed the event, and it is not far from the truth of the matter. Adam most certainly had the weight of the earth on his troubled mind. And so, the Oxford Classical Dictionary states that behind the myth of Herakles must lie the true story of a man, more real than imaginary, the son of a Hera-worshipping people.

History, again, tells us that Herakles took the daughter of Celtes or Britannus -- Celtina -- as his bride and she later gave birth to Galathes or Celtus (from whom some would seek to distance the Celtic race which included the Gauls, or Galatians). Esau's remarkable people, red-haired Titans who worshiped their forefather Herakles (or Phoenix) and maintained the tradition of matriarchal supremacy until the fall of Rome, emerged from a world that had been engulfed in the cataclysm and holocaust of flame and flood. The second millennium BCE was a time of cosmic horror, when the "planets went out of their courses. In the night, stars fell like rain. The earth shook" (James Legge [ed], The Chinese Classics, III, Pt.1., 125).

In spite of the cosmic destruction that wrecked our planet, human beings emerged like the resurrected Phoenix to conquer the earth again. And they were led by the Edomite Aryans. In Hindu records, civilisation rose Phoenix-like from the ashes being first introduced "by red [haired] men of the southern continent" (Edouard Schure, The Great Initiates, 1913, Vol.I.,6). Later called Phoenicians by the Greeks who came on the scene a thousand years afterward, meaning "red (haired) men," the Edomites referred to themselves proudly as (true) Canaanites, Esau having originally lost his birthright and, later, his father Isaac's blessing to his twin brother Jacob, as we have seen, under illegal circumstances.

One infamous Edomite tribe, known historically by the Greeks as the Hyksos, invaded Egypt during the calamitous and disastrous Exodus period -- the Bible referring to them as the hated Amalakites. Remnants of ancient Egyptian literature call them Amu (I. Velikovsky, Ages in Chaos, I., 55-102). In fact, Manetho calls the ruling Hyksos "foreign kings from Phoenicia." The mummy of Amalakite Rameses II had yellow hair (Thor Heyerdahl, Observer Magazine, 1/11/1970). Red hair was, and is, entirely peculiar to the descendants of Esau (Edom).

In sturdy ocean-going vessels, and armed with astronomical, mathematical and navigational knowledge salvaged from lost libraries, they challenged the seas, ran empires based on sea-power and religion, and planted colonies of hardy survivors of their ruined world from the British Isles to Easter Island, the megaliths of the latter being decorated with red topknots (hair). Heyerdahl has forcibly argued that the huge stone heads on Easter Island decorated in typical Phoenician fashion, with ear lobes stretched by wooden ear plugs, represent red-haired European sea adventurers who had fled South America as late as 400 C.E. There can be no question that rock-engravings on Easter Island are identical to some found in Scotland.

In establishing a secret world trade, the Phoenicians -- whom all scholars recognise as the preeminent colonising navigators of antiquity -- made a point of sailing at night. So famous were the Phoenicians for night sailing by the North Star, that in the Old World Polaris carried the appellation "Phoenician."

Traces of this astonishing race are found in the name Erythrian (Red) Sea for the Persian Gulf (and Indian Ocean), still called the Red Sea between Arabia and Egypt. We insist the Red Sea means Sea of the Red (Haired) Men. The same traces can be located in the early conquerors of India, those who followed the Phoenician Rama and his red-blonde legions, and in the blue-eyed red-haired Phoenicians of the Mediterranean. These same commercial and maritime peoples had once ruled the earth from the now-submerged continent Atlantis (which may yet prove to be beneath the Antarctic ice), as well as from the coasts of Syria-Phoenicia, and extended their operations, according to historians of antiquity, beyond the "Pillars of Hercules" into the "great exterior ocean." They established their colonies in all the coastal regions wherever they landed "from the extreme east to the extreme west," (J.D. Baldwin, A.M., Ancient America in Notes on American Archaelogy, 1872, 171) bringing with them musicians, artists, doctors, builders and poets.

They also brought with them a doctrine of racial superiority, world conquest, and super-technological weapons of mass destruction. None could stand before them.

According to the Irish chronicles, annals and genealogies (such as the Book of Lecan, the Book of Leinster and the Book of Migrations [Cin of Drom-Snechta or alternatively known as Leabhar Gabhala, the Book of Invasions]) they came on the oceans in "crystal ships" which could become land-borne, and "chariots" of shining metal which launched fire and smoke, reminiscent of the Sanskrit and Vedic myths of India, for the artillery of the "wonderful strangers" and "sea people" are identical with those found recorded in the Mahabaratta (Maha'Barata) and Ramayana. Destructive "bright rays of fire" and "lances of light" (laser beams) were "death weapons" in the hands of these red-haired warriors, some of whom rode in discs that "generate the powers of the universe."

These were the tribal peoples who carried the genes of Esau in their bloodlines, and which gave birth to Western civilisation. States the Mahabarata: "The able Panch [Aryan Phoenicians] setting out to invade the Earth, brought the whole world under their sway " (Mahabarata [Indian Epic of the Great Barats] I, 94, 3738). The Rig Veda Hymn tells us, "The Brihat [Brat Phoenician] singers belaud Indra ...Indra hath raised the Sun on high in heaven...Indra leads us with single sway...The Panch [Aryan Phoenicians] leaders of the Earth. Ours only, and none others is he." Likewise, the Mahabarata Epics: "The able Panch [Aryan Phoenicians] are all highly blessed, and know the eternal religion, the eternal truths of religion and righteousness." Then there is the Vishnu Parana Epic informing us, "[Indra's] sources of subsistence are arms and the protection of the Earth. The guardianship of the Earth. The guardianship of the Earth is his special province...By intimidating the bad and cherishing the good, the ruler who maintains the discipline of the different tribes [of Barat Phoenicians] secures whatever region [of the Earth] he desires." Again, hear the Mahabarata: "And king Barat gave his name to the Dynastic Race of which he was the founder; and so it is from him, that the fame of that Dynastic People hath spread so wide" (I, 94, 3704).

Just who were the Aryan Barat Phoenicians?

None other than the ancient race of the lost birthright -- the patriarch Ytzak's (Isaac's) sons, Tzak's sons ...Sak's sons ...the Saxons!

We shall continue this series of lectures on Obadiah at our next Yeshiva.