Author Topic: Romans 28: Dead To Sin? Oh... Really?  (Read 278 times)

Rebbe

• Administrator
Romans 28: Dead To Sin? Oh... Really?
« on: August 07, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
PAUL'S LETTER TO THE ROMAN CHRISTIANS (28)
Analytical Commentary on Romans

Copyright © BRI 2017 All Rights Reserved Worldwide by Les Aron Gosling,
Messianic Lecturer (BRI/IMCF)

The Audio MP3 of this lecture is available via this link: http://www.bripodcasts.com/Romans/Lecture28.MP3

DEAD TO SIN? OH... REALLY?!?

CAUTION: BRI Yeshiva notes are not available to the general public. They are not for distribution. They are not for reproduction. The notes may also bear little or no resemblance to the actual audio or video recorded BRI Yeshiva lecture.

"I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to become" -- Carl Gustav Jung

"The future indwelling of the Holy Spirit amounts to a continuing incarnation of God. Christ, as the begotten Son of God and preexisting Mediator, is a firstborn and a divine paradigm which will be followed by further incarnations of the Holy Ghost in the empirical man" -- Carl Jung, Psychology & Religion, para. 693

THE TEXT
"What then are we to say? Should we continue in sin in order that Grace may abound? By no means! How can we who are dead to sin go on living in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Messiah Yeshua were baptized into his death? Therefore we have been buried with him by baptism into death, so that, just as Messiah was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. For whoever has died is freed from sin. But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. The death he died, he died to sin, once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Messiah Yeshua. Therefore, do not let sin exercise dominion in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. No longer present your members to sin as instruments of wickedness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and present your members to God as instruments of righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under Grace. What then? Should we sin because we are not under law but under Grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that you, having once been slaves of sin, have become obedient from the heart to the form of teaching to which you were entrusted, and that you, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to greater and greater iniquity, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness for sanctification. When you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. So what advantage did you then get from the things of which you now are ashamed? The end of those things is death. But now that you have been freed from sin and enslaved to God, the advantage you get is sanctification. The end is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Messiah Yeshua our Lord" (Romans 6).

THE OVERWRITING OF THE NT CORPUS
In our previous series of lectures entitled The Overwriting of the New Testament Corpus we discovered a veritable deluge of false, misleading heresy and outright lies superimposed on and insinuated into the inspired WORD of God, the Holy Bible. What were these heresies and lies which Christians have ignorantly accepted as true and authentic revelations? Here are a few of them for your attention in no particular order:

Translators have interpreted the phrase "on the first day of the week" in a number of places in the NT to mean "on Sunday." But the Greek mia ton sabbaton doesn't mean Sunday, it means "on the Sabbath" and /or "on one of the Sabbaths." Sunday is never under review in these cases.

We found that the very concept of women "keeping silent in the churches" as intending that women could not hold a teaching or preaching office was based on a false interpretive approach to the original Greek. An entire verse was superimposed into the Pauline text which was not warranted. In fact, in the first century women could definitely hold official office including that of "Apostle." Paul had female apostles working alongside him and he wrote of them fulfilling that particular office and function.

We also discovered that the doctrine of the Trinity never appears in the pages of NT writ. Rather, a spurious text in the first letter of the apostle John had to be inserted into a Greek ms at a late date by an uninspired monk in order to give the impression that the doctrine had biblical recognition.

Our Lord Yeshua never went to hell to preach to lost sinners and/or to demons after he died. What Peter was speaking of when he penned verses attributed to Yeshua was in fact a reference to the patriarch Enoch.

The narcissistic pervert King James wanted to maintain his subjects under his firm control so he ordered his translators of the 1611 AV to change anything that he so desired. They complied, even to the degree of lengthening the text of Romans 8.1 to be qualified by our walking in the Spirit of God -- an addition which expunges Paul's entire argument developed carefully over the previous 7 chapters.

King James also coerced his translators to place uninspired commas into a text so that his authoritarianism would experience "a field day." When this occurred the uninspired comma distorted the truth of "the priesthood of all believers." With these commas inserted the king increased his power over the English masses. He also insisted on texts speaking of elders as "guides" (Greek) to be reassessed as those whom you must "obey." He was then able to impose a greater control over the population through his appointed church hierarchy.

Among a host of other things, we came to see that in the Lukan Acts physical water baptism was accomplished only in the single name of Yeshua. The trinitarian baptismal formula on Matthew 28 only entered the text of Matthew's Gospel during the highly corrupt fourth century -- and not before!

Now we come to another satanic imposition, inserted into the Romans text in order to refocus on the spiritual fragility of human beings instead of on the awesome accomplishments of the Messiah Yeshua alone!

So, what is the unwholesome wrested text that Christians have swallowed wholesale? It's Romans 6.2.

As it reads in the AV, vss 1,2 translates as, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound? God forbid! How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"

Dead to sin. "Sin," said the apostle John, "is lawlessness" (1 Jn 3.4). Another translation of this text reads, "Sin is the transgression of the Torah." There can be little doubt that at such an early occasion as the writing of Paul's Letter to the Roman Christians, he certainly knew that "sin" was the breaking of any of the Ten Commandments which God gave to Israel on the Mount Sinai and which commandments were known to the whole world prior to the flood, through the priesthood of Adam, as the Genesis record strongly hints. (For your own exercise, look up your concordance for Genesis references to "sin." Consider also the religious behaviour of the sons of Adam as well as their offspring.)

Paul, of course, expanded that specific definition of 1 Jn 3.4 attributed to his colleague John (and others) when he insisted that sin was also very much equivalent to lacking faith (Romans 14.21-23). The unknown author of the circular Letter to the Hebrews also substantiates the stand Paul has made on the issue. "Without faith it is impossible to please Him" (Hebrews 11.6). If our activities without faith make it utterly impossible to please God, then clearly where there is no faith every act and every thought disengaged from faith displeases God. All our acts (where no faith is involved) and all our thoughts and motives (where faith is absent) constitute sin.

Yet we are told in Romans 6.2 that Christians are "dead to sin." We shall see in a moment how this phrase in its context is in itself a rejection of the very Gospel of God. But before we get to consider that, let me ask our readers, in all honesty, are YOU "dead to sin"? Christian fundamentalists have hammered this particularly familiar notion home at their adherents for almost half a thousand years -- and possibly longer.

ARE WE DEAD TO SIN?
Let me say outright that my own experiential walk since conversion with Messiah has been thwart with immense difficulties and outrages and setbacks in this world, and in myself. I have made big as well as little mistakes on my journey, oftentimes have "missed the mark" of "the high calling of God in Messiah Yeshua," experienced harmartia (Gk) meaning a fatal defect or flaw or personality disorder which causes one to fail, and I have also ignored opportunities at times to be lovingly compassionate toward others. I have opened my mouth when I ought to have kept it tightly zipped, and kept it tightly shut when I ought to have opened it and spoken out with the authority of the Ruach HaKodesh. Two honest criticisms of me by those that oppose this Work and ministry are readily acknowledged by me: that I "do not tolerate fools gladly," and that I have a reputation "of not taking prisoners."

All of what I have just described above is sin. When I become short-tempered with my wife I am not loving her as Christ sacrificially loved the ekklesia and THAT is sin. When I prefer to have a lazy Sabbath instead of one in which to engage in studious pursuit of God's holiness (in that short 24-hour time-period) I am sinning. When I desire a home of my own MORE than the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, that is sin. When I navel-gaze and become depressed, that too is sin. When I entertain negative thoughts and vocalise them in the hearing of others that is also sin. If I spend more time being satiated with entertainment than in deep meaningful exhilarating prayer I have committed idolatry and given in to lustful narcissism and that too is sin. "DEAD TO SIN"? I know I'm absolutely not dead to sin!

And I am not alone! No, not by any means!! YOU too are guilty of these very same things and only a total fool would cause himself to think otherwise. Remember that the decisions we make in our life choices are our responsibility.

When was the last time we looked into the "perfect law of liberty" (Jam 1.25) -- God's Ten Commandments -- and checked ourselves against His righteous STANDARD (Rom 3.20; 7.7 N.B., The Ten Commandments remain as an indictment against our human nature and need to be meditated on regularly, not to be treated as a method of salvation but as a REFLECTION of God's expectations lived out joyously in life before His ever-watchful presence).

When we break God's law we are usually seeking -- at a subconscious level -- to remove our being from a SALVIFIC STATE within the dominion of Christ's new aeon back into the carnal dominion of the Adamic aeon where we have convinced ourselves (again at a subconscious level) that we would be much more comfortable.

Let Ladd explain!

"The death and resurrection of Christ were not merely events in past history but eschatological events. By death and resurrection Christ introduced a new aeon... Adam, who introduced sin and death, is determinative of existence in the old aeon, and Christ is the inclusive man 'who represents and embodies the whole of the new aeon because he determines the nature of existence there.' (R.C. Tannehill, Dying and Rising With Christ, 39) This death and resurrection is not a mystical experience that ipso facto [by the very fact or act] changes one's inner nature when he believes, nor is it a transformation accomplished by the sacramental efficacy of baptism. It is rather an eschatological fact that has happened in the mission of Jesus Christ but which can only be perceived by faith. Since Christ, there exist two dominions: of Adam and of Christ. 'The new world and its salvation are already present, but they are hidden in the midst of the old world.' (Tannehill, 74) Since God's act in Christ, man is faced with the choice of standing within one of two dominions. He may remain indifferent and so go the way of sin and death; or he may decide for Christ and by faith be brought into the new dominion of life and righteousness. This is an eschatological fact that every believer should know (Rom 6:2,6) and on whose basis he is to consider himself alive to God. It means a change in dominion" (G.E. Ladd, A Theology of the New Testament, 1974, 486).

The pull of human nature to bring about the dissolution of the human personality (as a believer) into the crass dominion of the fleshly Adam is enormous and yet many Christians fail to see themselves as they really -- actually -- are. This is because they have rallied around Romans 6.2 as a spurious foundation upon which to construct their theatrical hypocrisy of something called "Victorious Christian Living." Doesn't the well-expressed personal agony of a mentally-tortured albeit articulate Paul in Romans 7 give such a one a measure of mere discontent with their pet notion of "victorious Christian living? Can't such a person addicted to that sombre preposterous Calvinistic religious culture feel the ground beneath their feet suddenly begin to shift under the weight of such a tremendous theological contradiction of faith in this matter of being "dead to sin"?

Ladd continues, "In the old aeon, sin reigned (v. 12); but in the new aeon, the dominion of sin has been broken (v. 14). Believers are to recognize this change of dominions, and for this reason they are to change their alliance from sin to God (vv. 17,18,22). It is because this change has occurred in Christ that believers are exhorted to yield themselves to righteousness (v. 19)" (ibid).

THE TEN -- GOD FORBIDS -- OF PAUL
We are all familiar with the Ten Words of Exodus 22 and Deuteronomy 5. The Ten Words are more popularly known as the Ten Commandments. But how many are exposed to the Ten Words, the Ten Utterances, the Ten "God Forbid" Exclamations of the Apostle Paul? If anyone could ever think that Paul is antinomian after reading what he wrote in these "ten forbidding utterances" then in my opinion that individual has need of a psychotherapeutic counselor at the very least. Because to that person words have utterly lost their meaning. Small wonder confusion grips them. Consider Paul's Ten "In No Way's":

(1) Speaking of the Jews: "Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? In no way!" (Rom 3.3,4). Or, God forbid! The very thought is abhorrent to him.

(2) "Is God unrighteous who takes vengeance? In no way!" (Rom 3.5,6). Again, God forbid! An abhorrence.

(3) "Do we then make void the law through faith? In no way!" (Rom 3.31). Abhorrence.

(4) "Shall we continue in sin, that Grace may abound? In no way!" (Rom 6.1,2). Abhorrence.

(5) "Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under Grace? In no way!" (Rom 6.15). Yes, abhorrence.

(6) "Is the law sin? In no way!" (Rom 7.7). Abhorrence.

(7) "Was then that which is good (Torah) made death unto me? In no way!" (Rom 7.13). Abhorrence.

[8] "Is there unrighteousness with God? In no way!" (Rom 9.14). Abhorrence.

(9) "Has God cast away His people? In no way!" (Rom 11.1).  Abhorrence.

(10) "Have they stumbled that they should fall? In no way!" (Rom 11.11). Abhorrence.

The Ten Commandments, in Paul's own view, remain what they were in King David's time as is evidenced in his Psalms -- a mirror in which we may see ourselves as we are required to be in the Mind of our eternal, Salvific God. Our God is called "the God of all consolation," or encouragement (2 Cor 1.3-5). Some versions prefer to render the Greek as "comfort" and yes, we can all take comfort in the knowledge of God's loving Grace and forgiveness and provision and care. Yes, we can be mightily encouraged in the fact that God is able to make the entire universe change its direction in every single way possible in order to bring about miracles for us when we ask for heavenly intervention (Rom 8.28). But as to this latter text concerning "all things working for good" one must keep in mind the immediate context in which this promise is grounded. It is the context of a world suffering in its death throes and Christians being persecuted beyond measure in a society that hates God and anything that is represented by its purity of intention.

Recall that this letter was sent to the Christians in Rome who were about to be devoured by the Wild Beast, Nero.

THE UNIVERSE WORKS TOGETHER FOR GOOD
Listen! While it is true that God created a thinking universe capable of driving itself toward its own destiny creatively in Him -- and I will have much more to say on this subject when we arrive at Romans 8 -- Paul is not discussing the private acquisition of wealth and the miraculous offer of some wonderful position of impending employment in this section of his letter. If such a thing occurs, well and good. If God answers us in the affirmative, then wonderful! But essentially that kind of approach to life oftentimes leads to the acceptance of a counterfeit gospel, the prosperity gospel. It's an utter mockery and delusion to think that "all things work together for good" to mean "all is going to work out OK in the here and now."

Cancer is not good. The death of a child is not good. Car accidents are not good. Bush-fires raging out of control are not good. Earthquakes are not good. Tsunamis are not good. Continued increases in rent, and the extreme shortage of rental housing in an unstable economic market is not good. Rising costs of living are not good. Drug addiction is not good. Enforced vaccinations are not good.

But notice Paul's use of the word "together" in Romans 8.28. Evangelist Billy Graham has commented on the fact that the chemistry of the cross takes those things that are evil and bad and God puts them together in such a way, that factors which may well be deleterious in and of and by themselves can -- when brought together -- produce an effective mixture creating health and healing as a consequence of being used to combat illness and disease.

I think primarily of salt. We use a great deal of this in Australian daily meals and in the production of food. However, sodium is poison and it will kill you. So will chloride. Yet together they form table salt, and Our Lord Yeshua stated in no uncertain terms (with no apologies to Ellen G. White) that "salt is good" (Luke 14.34). Indeed, none of us can survive long without salt added to our diet. Of course, it can hardly be ignored that excessive salt intake can harden the arteries! The Rebbetzin and I many years ago had friends who were of Arab origin (and extraction) and they all used massive amounts of salt because of the horrendously high environmental and geographic temperatures from which they came. They were very much aware of the great need in hot arid climates to procure salt for maintaining daily health.

And further, we Christians are called "the salt" of the earth (Mt 5.13-16). We are in some sense preserving humanity. Certainly, we enhance and give meaning and flavour to this momentary temporal thing we call "existence." Being "the salt of the earth" is not optional. Christ died not say â"ou can be the salt of the earth if you want to be." He said "You ARE the salt of the earth."

Salt gives LIFE and VITALITY to all who partake of it. Those who partake of US also get to enjoy in some measure our very existence in their proximity. They notice us, and they realise there is something about us that is different, that stands out, that has RICH meaning and a shared potential for them. They want what we possess.

But make no mistake! If we tell them that the difference that they can see is CHRIST any conversation and communication from that juncture onward sees a rapid change of channel! Almost without exception. This is why Peter suggested that "we walk alongside" people for a time so that they can have a greater exposure to us and gain the appropriate gauge of understanding of what our authenticity consists.

But we have gotten a little ahead of ourselves in this discourse.

The AV of 1611 states that we are "dead to sin." I have been in a number of denominations and every single one had ministries which emphasised dying to self. But where does the biblical teaching speak of such a present-tense "dying"? Yes, we are to daily mortify the flesh. Yes, we are to be daily "carrying our cross." But Yeshua came to give us life and to give us that life MORE abundantly! He did not want us to live in a moribund cocoon or monastery/nunnery of indigent deprivation for the rest of our lives!

I well recall arguing with an ex-Seventh Day Adventist "Messianic" would-be-if-he-could-be "rabbi" who was espousing the great need for believers in Yeshua to "die to sin." He was finally "ordained" by an American Messianic Jewish leader -- who miserably plagiarised some of my own material and whom I had to "take to task" -- who visited Australia and gladly made him a "rabbinic" authority. This American Messianic rabbi plays the "numbers game." Just after this event the ex-Adventist newly ordained rabbi sent me a request enquiring how to hold a Pesach seder! That's when I rejected him outright. I might just add that his intention was to bring Christians back under the law of Moses. His favourite book was on Galatians and penned by a Sinai advocate named Avi ben Mordechai. People who, like this newly ordained Messianic "rabbi," cannot disallow their SDA beliefs proclaim, "We must die to sin." But the Bible does not teach this either. So prepare for a theological surprise of GRACE.

What does the Bible teach on this subject?

Paul begins his sixth chapter with these words: "What shall we say then?" According to theologian Morison this is a "transition-expression and a debater's phrase." Marvin Vincent adds, "The use of this phrase points to Paul's training in the Rabbinical schools, where questions were propounded and the students encouraged to debate, objections being suddenly interposed and answered" (Word Studies in the New Testament, Vol.111, The Epistle to the Romans, 65).

THE BIBLE TEACHES THAT WE HAVE DIED TO SIN
The Bible does not teach that we are "dead to sin." The Bible does not teach that we are at present "dying to self." Nor does it actually teach that "we must die to sin." This is not a quibble over words.  It's frankly an objection leveled against the Gospel of God's Grace. It denies the completed work of Christ. Lecturer Alva McClain puts it this way.

"THE DEATH of the believer is a thing that IS IN THE PAST. It is a transaction that is complete, and what God wants us to do is to believe it and not try to do again something that has already been done" (Romans: The Gospel of God's Grace, 1973, 143 Emphasis mine).

Amen, and amen again! So few ministers of the Gospel are even faintly or vaguely aware of this enormous understanding. Naturally enough, there remains a recognition that we ought to appropriate what has been achieved and to make it practical in our daily existence. No argument there. But as McClain does more than suggest, "But if we do not learn anything else... let us remember that the Christian has died to sin."

When did that death occur? Let me answer simply: 2000 years ago in 30 CE at the Miphkad Altar on the Mount Olivet!

In 1 Jn 3.9 we have confirmation concerning that which has been taught by Paul. John tells us, "Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin." McClain uses this knowledge in his correct attack concerning this heresy that we are "dead to sin." He writes, "The verb sin means to continue in a course of sin. It does not mean committing an act of sin. He that is born of God cannot continue in sin; It is an utter impossibility. God will break it off sometime."

He continues: "How can a dead man sin? There is not a Christian who does not face this problem. You know you do things that are wrong. You know that you do not have victory over the sin in your life. This is a serious problem: as we have been released from the guilt of sin, how can we be released from the power of sin? There is a way. Here are three key words: (1) know, or knowing (vv. 3,6,9); (2) reckon (v.11); (3) yield (v.13)" (ibid).

It is apparent that Dr Des Ford, whom we have quoted in recent times, has also studied Alva McClain's wonderful lectures. Ford is in essential agreement with his arguments. McClain notes,

KNOW
"First, we must know. "Know you not, that so many of us as were baptised into Jesus Christ were baptised into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (6:3-4). The article the is before the word death in the original Greek. It is "the death," not a death of our own. It is the death of the Son of God. "That like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted [bodily united] together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection" (6:4-5).

"If we are to know victory over sin in our lives, we must first of all know that we died with Christ on the cross. When he died, we died; when he was buried, we were buried (in the mind of God). This passage does not discuss water baptism... Paul is talking about the spiritual reality: when Christ died, we died; and when we believe, he baptises us by the operation of the Spirit of God immersing us into the body of Christ.

"Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him," (v.6). And yet we talk about "crucifying the old man." Don't we? "The old man" has been crucified, if you are a Christian. It stirs up our pride for us to try to do something by "crucifying the flesh of the old man." But Christ has already gotten the victory! The "old man" means the old self; what we were in Adam. The "old man" was crucified with Christ at the cross, and the task is finished in the mind of God...When we exercised faith in Christ, we entered into that crucifixion. "That the body of sin be destroyed." Does the word destroy mean annihilation? No. Every one of us knows that although that "old man is crucified with Christ," there is still sin with us. "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" [1 Jn 1.8]. Sin is still there. Therefore the word destroy does not mean annihilation, but what it does mean is this: "That the body of sin might be made of none effect, rendered powerless." The Greek here gives the idea of sin being annulled, or rendered inoperative.

"The body of sin" -- what is that? It is the body we have, in which sin finds an instrument: the tongue, the hands, the mind. Sin does not find its source in the body. Sin finds its source in the will, but uses the body as an instrument. Because we were crucified with Christ the body of sin is actually powerless in our lives. "That henceforth we should not serve sin, for he that is dead is freed from sin" (v. 6). A corpse is in view. It does not matter how great a sinner that corpse was, it is now free forever. We are not to doubt the transaction back there when we died with Him. "He that is dead is freed from sin." You cannot take a man that is dead and punish him anymore.

"When we died back at the cross with Christ, the question was settled. The penalty was paid. Sin has nothing more to do with us, because we are dead to it. "If we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him." Death is past and believers are now alive in Christ, and should conduct themselves as dead to the past.

"Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead, dies no more" (v. 9). If he does not die anymore, do we? Certainly not! Some people say we can, but we died with Him, were buried with Him, raised with Him. "He dies no more!" So we die no more. That is security! "Death has no more dominion over Him." When he went to the cross, he paid the debt of sin in full. And when the debt is paid in full, the creditor has no more power over the debtor. We are in him, therefore death has no more dominion over us.

"Verse 10 sums up the matter in just a few words. First... when Christ died we died. When we died back there with him, our old self was crucified. Second, being identified with him, we are risen from the dead, to die no more!" (144,145).

Des Ford is in complete agreement with McClain.

He notes, "How can we who died to sin still live in it?" (Romans 6:2 RSV)... The KJV has here "dead to sin." Several times throughout the chapter we find the phrase, "We who are dead to sin." I wish it were really true that we are dead to sin. I am far from being dead to sin. I am as alive and quivering and sensitive to temptation as any person living. I am not dead to sin. What the Greek really says is: "You died to sin."...Where Paul talks about our death to sin, he's talking about the one single act when Christ died for us. That's when we died. You see, "One died for all, and therefore all died" (2 Corinthians 5:14 NIV)" (Des Ford, Right With God Right Now, 1999, 95 Emphasis his).

Are YOU dead to sin? No you are not, and neither am I. This sure knowledge should be of immense encouragement to all who are daily striving to "die to sin."

STOP striving in this manner! Its a done deal. Christ accomplished so much on your behalf. You died way back 2000 years past with the Messiah on the bloodied tree of Golgoleth. This is not Catholic or Protestant theology. It's biblical FACT. And we ought to acknowledge it by our positive ongoing behaviour.

In our next lecture we shall follow through with this present truth and consider Paul's use of "reckon" and "yield" in connection to the secret of overcoming sin in respect of his views in Romans 6.

THIS CONCLUDES LECTURE 28

Have you been spiritually edified with this lecture? Would you like to know more about the biblical revelation from such a unique perspective? Our private BRI/IMCF International Internet Yeshiva Members Forum has hundreds of in-depth lectures available for those who subscribe to the IMCF. Membership is entirely by donation and Messianic Enterprises has provided a PIN PAYMENT icon for your convenience which you can access on the front page of the public BRI/IMCF site at:

http://www.biblicalresearchinstitute.com.au/

Just depress the Pay Now icon and within days your request for International Messianic Community of Faith (IMCF) membership will be acknowledged.

Thank you for becoming supportive of this growing unique Work of God and for allowing us to serve you in this manner.